Sunday 30 January 2011

Sussex Weddings: Elegant Stationery


As a wedding photography shooting all around the country, i get to see first hand the work of all types of wedding suppliers.I also get to meet many folks close up and see how they really operate and how they are as real people.

Over the years this has enabled me to build up a great network of allied wedding traders who i am happy to recommend to my clients
without hesitation due to the quality of their work and customer service.

I am running a serious of features on my Blog about this wonderful group of people and the latest one i am want to feature is the very lovely and extremely talented Joanne of Elegant Stationary.

I caught up with her for a brief chat.

1: How did you get into being a high end wedding stationer?

I have always been creative, I studied Art and worked as a window dresser for a high end store for a few years too. My friend was getting married a few years ago and mentioned how expensive wedding stationery was; I just made a comment that I could do better; so she set me a task ! At that wedding alone I was offered two more bookings. One of them was for Roof Gardens in Kensington and then they called me and asked if I could supply their venue stationery on an on-going basis. So I made a decision to work full time making stationery...and I have never looked back...and Roof Gardens is still a client of mine.

2: What would you say makes your work stand out or is your unique selling point?

Firstly we are a small company, not a large corporate so attention to detail and overall service is very important. We work 7 days a week and long days, so our clients can contact us at anytime through email, phone or facebook and we will respond! Clients are treated as individuals and every wedding or function, no matter how small or large is treated with the same high service.
We work on a bespoke basis, so can create something each client wants, perhaps to flow a theme and a colour scheme throughout. We do not "pigeon hole" stationery into ranges....we make stationery to match each clients requirements and desires and listen to any ideas they already have. Also clients do not need to order a full stationery package, if they just want place cards and a seating plan..that is no problem whatsoever.We spend hours and hours searching the best quality materials (and have wasted loads of money in the process!!). We try to buy as much from the UK as we can, but also import from Italy, Canada and USA. We also have a full showroom near Haywards Heath, West Sussex which enables clients to book an appointment and come and see stationery and all the accessories (we do evening and weekend appointments).
There they can lots of ideas and hopefully inspire them too. They can feel the materials and also have my full attention so we can have a really good chat !

Being bespoke we can also work to budgets without compromising
on quality.

3: Are you happy to take on board a client's ideas to produce something unique and individual to their wedding?

Of course we are...the joy of bespoke stationery !:

What areas do you cover?

We cover everywhere as stationery pieces can be made up, photographed and scanned through if necessary.
However, most of our clients are from West Sussex, Surrey, Kent, Hampshire and London.


To view Joanne's website please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment