Monday 21 March 2011

Sussex Weddings: Katie Cakes




In the latest article about some of my recommended wedding suppliers i caught up with Tania of Katie Cakes and asked her about her wedding cake business.

Katiecakes has been in business for nearly 2 years. I started because of our daughter Katie’s outrageous birthday cakes – other parents started asking, and it has grown by word of mouth.

I love making bespoke cakes. I’m friendly, professional and unflappable. I listen carefully to what people want, and advise them well, it’s a fun process. I really enjoy designing and making all styles – natural or technical, simply stated or detailed, they are all personal.

The cake itself is all home made with great recipes, free range eggs, and the best quality ingredients. I have refined the recipes – I always have plenty of volunteers for testing them. The best selling wedding cake flavours at the moment are lemon drizzle, carrot cake and chocolate fudge cake. My new favourite is apple and cinnamon cake, I will be introducing it to customers soon.



Disclaimer: images supplied by Katie Cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment