Sunday 17 January 2010

Workshop News and a Busy Weekend

Just sitting down in front of the computer after a hectic weekend that saw me spending a long day up in London at the SWPP Convention on Saturday.

I travelled up with my good friend Paul Weller, an Eastbourne-based wedding photographer. Once in the conference hotel in Hammersmith, we decided to hit the trade show.

This gave me a great opportunity to take a look at some new ideas and products and more importantly to catch up with my current amazing suppliers from around the world. This also included a couple of very productive meetings which should lead to us putting on one of my intensive, no holds barred all day workshops in May.

As ever, numbers will be strictly limited, so please feel free to drop me an email to register your interest. The date will be announced here and on my Facebook Art Visage page as soon as i have confirmation.

The best part about trade shows is meeting up with friends from around the globe. I managed to grab a drink with many folks who i hadn't seen for a couple of years and this really made the trip worthwhile.

Sunday was me up and at it bright and early, as i had to set up my exhibition stand at the Hydro Hotel. This was in support of the Wedding Workshop's first wedding fair of the year.

The place was swamped by couples planning their wedding and it was only thanks to my more than able assistant on the day, Nicola Long, that we managed to meet and discuss ideas with so many couples.

Fortunately for me, Nicola has agreed to help again at next Sunday's show at the Powdermills Hotel in Battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment